Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THANK GAWD FOR PHENOBARBITAL

Kids should not be allowed on planes. As soon as I got seated, one of these across the aisle started screaming big time, and I mean big time, continuously for about 30 minutes. The decibel level was enough to drown out the jet engine sound after we took off, and it didn't appear that the parents were concerned about this bothering other passengers. Well, I shouldn't speak for other passengers, but it was making me crazy. I started doing the cost benefit ratio of wiring this kids jaw shut but figured the end result would ruin my trip. Finally, the father does a wonderful thing by pulling out the phenobarbital, and I'm yellin' make it a triple shot.

No consequences here. The kid was out in ten minutes.





As soon as that happened, the kid in front of them started. Talk about hefty lungs. Would you believe, after about 20 minutes, I see the mother offer the screaming kid's mother the phenobarb bottle. She declined, and so I asked the mom if I could have a shot. Five minutes later, the kid three rows back starts screaming. I hear the "tita" yell at her kid to shut up, or I goin' pound you.

It worked! Gotta love it.

1 comment:

Lani said...

hate to say it...but told you so! Serves you right. I have to chase Jessica three times a day as she runs to your house for her Papa and a cookie. She sees your van...runs to the door...sees your slippers and is not going to be fooled that you are not home. She thinks you are taking a really long nap!
Hurry home...she misses you...