Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MADE IT TO D.C.

Memorial weekend, one couldn't ask for any better weather than D.C. experienced this year. Wasn't too hot and humidity was low.

Building where all the "old guys" are asleep.







Geez! I've been waiting for the Doomsday for years. One would think they'd get tired by now.

Saturday found me at the Air and Space Museum.



I wonder if this is the original Wright Brothers airplane.

















The place was packed with people.









WOW! Can you believe it would take 30 years to count to a billion. Hello, God....If I start counting to a billion, will you let me live long enough to do it? Say what! Well, alright! One, two, three,




Also went to the war memorials.
WWII Memorial

Vietnam Memorial - People lined up along the wall.



Many friends and family members make pencil sketches of the names of their loved ones.







Lots of notes with messages like this left by kids.






Korea War Memorial. I find this the most impressive of the three.












1 comment:

Family said...

did you get a ticket this year? are you going to get to go the capital and see where all the laws are made?!?