Saturday, May 17, 2008

CHATTANOOGA - CHEROKEE

Clicking on pictures will make them larger
Gorgeous day, not a cloud in the sky. Ride was going well until I got myself in this predicament. How did I get on this side of the barrier?











What a great road for a bike ride.









Lots of green










No pot holes. Too bad roads in Hawaii can't be this good.






Had planned to overnight in Asheville but ended up staying in Cherokee to see the old cars on display. Cherokee Indian Nation.....Saw lots of round eyed white people and not many Indians. Cherokee is a town full of shops selling Indian trinkets and crafts, all MADE IN CHINA. WTF?! One of the locals told me there was only one shop that sold authentic crafts and it was extremely overpriced.




















I had one of these when I was a young guy just a few years ago, although the wheels didn't look like these. It was three years old when I bought it and cost $800. Full coverage no deductible insurance was about $45 a year. What the hell happened? Oh, I know. Insurance companies decided it would be better to make "zillions" instead of millions. Don't be making any nasty comments, Aaron.

By golly, there's an Indian!

And some more, except they look like pale faces. Maybe the color fades during the long cold winters in this area.
I wonder how the owner of this chair determined this weight.
EXCUSE ME....Can you test something for me?


1 comment:

Family said...

Good thing your insurance company is a mutual company. The policy holders own the company and not stock holders. We are not beholdent to quarterly statements, just paying what we owe. I make no applogies for working for a solvant company. Not like Enron or Bear Stearns. :)

Indian trinkets made in China. Wow, what next, the American flag? Oh year, that's made in China too. The only thing not made in China is the fortune cookie and those are made in Chicago!