Wednesday, June 10, 2009

VIRGINIA CITY

Went to Virginia City for the Sesquicentennial Celebration. Small tourist town that comes alive during the summer months and is dead as a doornail during the winters. Lots of small shops selling all sorts of nostalgic items, food places, etc. Lots of people walking around in 19th century attire. A couple of them looked like they were born back then.
Every kind of hard candy imaginable.
I can't believe the barrels are actually filled, for if they are, it must be a a pain in the ass to rotate the stuff from the bottom as it ages.
Old guy doing the "quick draw." Not very fast, but he was pretty accurate.
Jeez! These people are everywhere!
I'd sure like to see the biker riding on this. Wonder if he pissed the Harley bikers off by parking next to them.
Couple of mountain men. Don't think I'd want to meet them in the woods.
I had a car like this when I was in Texas. As I recall, cost for full coverage insurance for a year was less than fifty bucks.
Hey Aaron, should I get this for you to give to Gen for her birthday?
A little gun handling performance.
Heading into the sunset.
On my return to Reno, I decided to stop in and get some of this. Unfortunately, I was on a Japanese bike and the Harley guys ran me out of the parking lot.


No comments: