Friday, June 5, 2009

FINALLY HAPPENED

I don't know what they had in mind when this route was designated "scenic." This view went on for miles and miles.
We all know the price of gas has increased considerably in the past month, now close to $3, so I couldn't pass up the gas sold at this price.
Couldn't find the pumps. Guess I'll have to wait till I get to the next station.
WTF! The place is deserted. There better be some gas available down the road somewhere.

I wonder if this owner ran out of gas.
What the hell for! There isn't another damn vehicle around here for miles.

Looks like it's starting to cloud up.
This is not looking good. Hope the road curves to the right.
I went for over a hundred miles and passed less than a half dozen cars going the other way. Didn't see any other bikers. Hmmm...wonder why?

Like a bolt out of the blue, this place is sitting in the middle of nowhere and I mean nowhere.

She makes one hell of a BLT. Been in the area for a couple of years. Her husband works for the electric company. She says there's about 15 families for miles around, mostly in farming and cattle ranching. Has one kid and one on the way.....Jeez! Where the hell does one go around here to pop a kid?

Excuse me, where's the restrooms. She pointed. When was the last time you visited one of these? YUK!!!
She's yellin', "Take me with you."
Back on the road and after about 50 miles, this appeared. Good, it's to the left of me.
Well not so much to the left of me now. Looks like I'll skim by it on the right. Wouldn't you believe it? The friggin road took a nice long curve.... to the left. Anyone figure out what happened next?

2 comments:

Family said...

Funny, I thought you were going to run out of gas. Nice plot twist. Did you know the Garmin gives you directions to the nearest gas stations. Just thought I'd let you know.

Bob said...

Yeah, you're right except it doesn't tell you whether they are still a viable business. DUH!!!