Thursday, June 4, 2009

FLIRTING WITH ANOTHER STORM

Woke up this morning at 5am to the sound of very loud thunder. Crap! Turned the television on and went back to sleep. Awoke at 7am and the sun was shining. Another beautiful day. Lucky me.
Again, just me and the road.
Who would have thought one would see landscape like the following in Oregon.
Seems like the road is getting more narrow with each passing mile.
Starting to look a little ominous in the distance.
I don't think I'm going to be too happy in a while.
AW, CRAP!!! Out in the middle of nowhere, not enough gas to turn back, no cover......
I was heading west and the storm was moving towards the north. I caught the tail end of the storm before I was able to head south. Didn't get too wet, but the wind was strong, gusty and coming from the side. Almost blew me off the bike a couple of times. When I got to the next town, water was a foot deep on some of the streets. Please traffic light, don't turn red on me now. I don't want to get my shoes wet! Got to a service station, but they wouldn't pump gas because of the lighting in the area. Bunch of wusses. 40 miles down the road it was bright and sunny again.

2 comments:

Family said...

Hey Grandpa, how you doing? I like the beautiful sky. I am out of school now, so if you come back we can have more fun. A lot more fun! How are you doing on your motorcycle? Has it broken down yet? Well comment on my post when you can. Bye. MADI

Unknown said...

Madi, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO CALL ME "GRANDPA?"
Call me "Uncle" and if we are near a pretty girl, call me "brother."