Monday, May 25, 2009

ANOTHER GREAT DAY

Small museum, worth seeing and it was free.
Reminds me of houses in Mililani.
Sort of a puny looking buffalo.
This one is on steroids.
This moose as well.

Rained in Regina overnight. No rain when I left this morning and half way to Medicine Hat it turned into a great sunny day.

Had to stop to put some oil in the crankcase. The leak is getting worse. Gee, with all this traffic, I shouldn't have to wait too long to get picked up if the bike craps out. When I arrived in Medicine Hat, I found a small bike repair shop, and although it was almost closing time, the owner went out of his way to help me. He determined the cause of the leak, got it repaired, and I was out of there within an hour. I watched while the repair was made, and he performed additional steps that is not usually done by other mechanics. Corey displayed a work ethic not normally seen in many young people nowadays. Additionally, he also displayed a lot more "aloha" than what I'm used to seeing in Hawaii. In fact, I think the "aloha" has left Hawaii and come to Canada. From the mechanic here in Medicine Hat who went out of his way, to the grandmother clerk at a convenience store in Swift Current who bought me a cup of coffee because I was so far from home, to the young order taker in a fast food restaurant that had a big smile on his face, was outgoing, and looked like he was happy to be serving me, to the counter receptionist at Motel 6 who gave me cookies as an alternative, because she couldn't provide the whiskey, free dinner, or girlfriend I requested to go along with the room. Maybe I'll move to Canada.

No comments: