Thursday, September 11, 2008

WASN'T LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS A KID

When Aaron came to visit, part of it took him towards Waianae, and he was shocked to see the number of homeless tents along the coast. I thought he was exaggerating, and since I have not been that way for a long time, I decided to see for myself. In a word, "Appalling." Lots and lots of tents. What a friggin' shame. One can only hope few tourists get out this way.



Do you suppose they're burying their dead on the beach?















Lots of this along side the road
At least the shoreline along Yokohama Bay looks the same.
Although there are a lot of feral cats in the area.

3 comments:

Leonna said...

so what are you going to do about it? Tent cities here are only tolerated/allowed for short periods of time.

Unknown said...

Sad, very sad.

Family said...

A lot has changed...like the $12 can of nuts!