Saturday, September 6, 2008

REALLY LOOKIN' FORWARD TO GETTIN' OLD

With each passing day, I'm seeing old people do things that really freak me out. I know at some point I'll start to do some of the same, and because of this, I want someone to shoot me just before I start to get old in about twenty/thirty years.
Here's an example. Yesterday, I went to a senior residence to do some repairs in several apartments. Usually, most people are home (because they're old), so I didn't call in advance. Knock on the door, and someone answers, even though it takes some time for them to get to the door.

Probably because they're doing this

I ring the doorbell to one of the apartments and bend down to look through the peep hole for some movement from within. Ah, some movement, she's home. After a time, the woman finally opens the door and I see her standing there in a housecoat that is open in the front and her underware is down around her knees.
My eyes are burning, my eyes are burning!....what the hell do I do now????

Visualize something like this with her drawers down around her knees. I did learn something about myself. I stutter big time and my brain doesn't always work well enough to get me out of unexpected encounters.

No comments: