Saturday, June 16, 2007

CRAZY HORSE

A mountain carving to honor North American Indians started by Korzcak Ziolkowski (good chinese name) back in 1948. It's an ongoing project and not funded by the government.





Took 59 years to get to this point. At this rate, I'll be an ol' guy when it's finished.



Front view










Overview of project. When finished it will include an Indian University and medical training center.





Mountain carving will look like this when finished.









Korczak and wife in later life. He has since passed away and the project is being continued by his wife and family. I think they had 10 kids.









Passed through Mount Rushmore. Not impressed.






On to my favorite place for a meal
And then to my motel for a good nights sleep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see your still finding the cheapest rate to sleep....Damn china man!