Sunday, January 7, 2007

WHAT NOT TO DO IN THE HEART WARD

I started walking the hospital hallways the day after my medical procedure because I was goin' nuts (more than usual) and wanted to leave. There's a lot of bad press floating around saying if one wants to get sick from something, go to a germ laden hospital. As I was making my rounds, I met a couple visiting a relative with heart complications, and during the course of the conversation, we got on the subject of the exorbitant medical cost of present day health care. The woman told me the last bill her brother received for a one week stay in the hospital was $200,000. where upon I immediately clutched my heart,

rolled my eyes and fell back a few steps. The woman thought I was having a coronary and by her reaction, I thought she was having one.


The nurse came running and said to me, "Back to your room!!!"

1 comment:

Family said...

What's the bill for the plane ride over?