Friday, January 19, 2007

HOSPITAL CONSPIRACY???

I have to wonder if the medical establishment in general has a conspiracy going on to maximize the amount of money they can get from each person using medical services. For instance, I went to the mailbox yesterday and found that I had received a medical statement, the first of a number to come. This one was from Maui Memorial and I was quite curious to view the charges for the work performed.


While standing on the street in front of the mailbox, I ripped open the envelope and immediately focused on the account balance.

THIS AMOUNT FOR LESS THAN ONE DAY IN THE HOSPITAL!
My heart started pounding and I slumped to my knees. I couldn't catch my breath! My neighbor came running, but since he was a he, there was no way I was going to let him give me the "Breath of Life."

This is why I think there is a conspiracy. The billing department knows full well that one will have a coronary after seeing the bill and will be able to double their money after having the patient admitted for a second time.

1 comment:

Family said...

Bet the plane ride over costs more!