Monday, August 25, 2008

CAN IT GET WORSE?

Here's to the airlines......
Around the middle of July, I started checking out round trip fares to Chicago for

day.



Chronological list of round trip fares to Chicago
7/19 -
$927.97
7/22 - $822.90 Later same day - $860.90
7/30 - $807.40
8/01 - $625.03 I'm thinking I should get this, but it's more than 90 days in advance and the airline won't allow me to select seat assignments.
A few days later, fares for the same airline back up to over $800.
8/22 - $567.90 About a hundred bucks higher than I paid last year, so probably worth it given the rise in gas prices. Made reservation.
8/25 - $863.45 for same airline and same flight times resulting in a 52% increase in only three days. WTF!


Airline industry went from this






to this,



along with more overbooking, charges for baggage, additional fees for a window or aisle seat, little to no amenities such as pillows, blankets and food, inadequate leg room and narrow seats, late take-off and arrival times, cancellations, lost baggage, surly airline personnel, etc.

One of these days, I'm going to open my mouth and say something out of line (nothing new), at which time,


they'll be hauling me off my new home.








Wilbur and Orville, see what you started!

1 comment:

Leonna said...

Got my tickets for $300 each. News today says the airlines are jacking up the prices again come September. You had better get serious about plunking your $$$ down. And yes, Wednesday was the day I purchase them