Thursday, December 27, 2007

THE BEST CHRISTMAS???

Many years ago after marrying my first wife, my mother-in-law made a quilt for me. We lived in Spokane and winters had a tendency to get quite chilly at times, so I was elated to have received something that would keep me warm during those long winter nights. However, there was a problem with the quilt. It wasn't long enough. When it covered my feet, my chest was exposed and vice versa. I would have to roll up in a ball to get my whole self covered. It made me CRAZY, and it didn't take long for me to figure out dear mother-in-law made it short on purpose, to do just that. I have been grousing on and off about this for about the last 45 years, and as of late, mostly to my daughter who now does quilting amongst other things such as working as a nurse, running a house, taking care of three little kids and one big kid (spouse), tending to a couple of dogs, some birds, some fish, a bunch of chickens and whatever else that is live and living with them.

Well, guess what! She came to visit today and presented me with a quilt she had made for my christmas present. And it is perfectly long enough. Wow! Forty-five years I had to wait for this quilt. As I was jumping for joy, I was given the "bad news." She has to take it back to Maui with her, because it isn't finished. WTF!!! "Am I going to get this thing back before I die?" Is it possible Robin ended up with grandma's gene pool......and is now trying to carry on with making me more crazy??? Thank you Robin for the quilt, which I don't quite have yet. Just to let you all know, if I pop off before the quilt gets much use, you are not allowed to put it up for sale on ebay. Throw it in the box with me and light the fire.

1 comment:

Family said...

Robin, that is a beautiful quilt. I love the colors. Did you remember to put in the asbestos liner? AHAHAHA.

Yeah, okay Pop. ;) We will be sure to put this in the box with you. What makes you think you're getting a box?!? Cardboard, maybe.

I hope you don't plan on sleeping with the quilt. It should be displayed on your wall!