Sunday, July 8, 2007

I'M STOKED!


I can't believe how great the weather has been during my trip. It's even clear, sunny and cool in Seattle. Spent a few days in Canada, mainly to see the Banff area. The Canadian Rockies are just as impressive as the Colorado Rockies, maybe better. Unbelievable views.










Traveling towards Banff and surrounding area.










































Took a gondola to the top overlooking the Banff area. I started to hike up the mountain but quickly changed my mind when I started gasping for breath. The mountain was infested with mosquitos, which sucked! The main street in Banff was dug up for repairs and the place looked like L.A. during morning traffic.
If you can get past me, the view in the background is pretty good as well. I feel pretty, oh so pretty......










Lake Louise.






Stopped here for a quick fix.









And woke up here the next morning.









And who can guess the name of this mountain????

2 comments:

Family said...

Gen and I were able to walk the short hill you are talking about. You must be getting OLD!

In fact, we have a picture just like the one you have!

Leonna said...

Looks like you are ready to put pontoons on the bike and head out across the big pond. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.