Sunday, February 18, 2007

HELL HAS FROZE OVER



This morning my neighbor comes to the door and knocks. When I opened the door, she jumped back and said, "Ohmygawd, you look like hell!" I hadn't got around to grooming my curly hair, so she probably was right.

"Let's walk to the farmers market to get some veggies." Yeah, right! Veggies are the first thing on my mind in the morning. I invite her in and suggest an alternate way to use up some calories, but she's not willing. Must be the hair.



"Need some time to get ready," I say. I get to the mirror and see why she got spooked.







We get to the open market, a place I'm never to be found at, and I think, why not.
So I settle on some







So now I'm standin' at the range, something I seldom do, trying to cook the beets. Took me an hour, probably because I have only one pot. Let me also say that I had beet blood everywhere. The whole time I'm saying, "This will never happen again!"

My kitchen counter went into shock because it just doesn't see this sort of stuff sitting on it.
So to all of you screamin' at me to do something about my diet....Are you happy now?!!!

2 comments:

Leonna said...

So you were able to get the beets cooked - and eaten? I hope you just ate the radishes raw. I know some cultures cook them too but don't know why.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Of course, I do find it humorous that you picked the one vegetable (beets) that are ten times easier to buy and eat canned than fresh. I even buy canned beets! But hey, more power to ya.