Sunday, December 7, 2008

HELP FROM "BIG DADDY" NEEDED

I'm usually for less government involvement when it comes to private enterprise, but when it comes to the airline industry, I'm about ready to support re-regulation. With regards to air fares, consumers don't stand a chance if they aren't lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Case in point. Four days ago, I found a summer 59 day round trip fare from Hawaii to Chicago for $432. That's right, $432. I was stoked! Although I thought this couldn't be true, I pressed the buy button. Last year, I found a fare for $518. which I thought was great, but ATA went belly up before the trip and I ended up paying $695. for the same trip on another airline. So in my mind, because of this great fare, something catastrophic will happen before the trip.

I'm just hoping I don't go "belly up."
Here's where it gets interesting. Today, just four days later, the same trip now goes for $995. What the hell happened in four days to cause the price to more than double???!!!
Hence, time for




to re-regulate.

And while you're at it, would you please include bringing back a few of these.

No comments: