Thursday, October 30, 2008

FIRST TIME FOR THIS

Whenever repairs are needed at the senior residence, I don't usually call ahead to make an appointment. I just show up because most always, the occupant is home. The other day, I knock on a door and a woman responds before opening the door, "Who is it?" Always best to be careful before opening your door to a stranger. I say, "I'm here to fix your kitchen faucet." She says, "What color is your shoes?" "Excuse me?" She replies, "Do you have on yellow shoes?"
"No I don't have on yellow shoes" and wonder if I should start running. Besides, who the hell shows up wearing yellow shoes to do repairs. She opens the door, and my curiosity kicked in. She explained that a previous repairman had been very rude to her, and after listening to her story, I had to agree. Of course, there's always two sides to every complaint. I ask, "Can you describe the repairman?" Her reply was, "He had on YELLOW SHOES!" Geez! I'm not looking forward to gettin' old.

No comments: