Friday, February 15, 2008

WHAT DA HECK???


I always get incidental cash from an ATM located in the nearby Safeway, which also has a mini Bank of Hawaii branch.

I tried inserting the card into the machine, but it wouldn't take it. I reversed the card, turned it upside down, blew on it, etc., and each time the machine still would not accept it. Jeez, nothing works!




My eyes finally ended up on the display which read something along the lines of the ATM is being serviced, sorry for the inconvenience, blah, blah, blah. So, when I said, "nothing works," it includes my brain.

So, I walk over to the other ATM, stuff the card into it, and the machine accepts it. Enter my pin and a strange menu pops up. Something about this ATM is a BOH machine and there will be a $2.25 charge for this transaction. Do you accept this charge? HELL NO! I think there was a glitch and cancel the transaction. Stuff the card back in and get the same menu. Could it be the bank has added a new service charge??? I need the cash, so I accept the charge with full intentions of getting in the bank line and giving the teller a piece of my mind. I'm pissed! With card, receipt, and money in hand, I'm now behind one other person in line, then I'm next. I'm standing there impatiently tapping my foot wishing everyone wasn't so slow when the teller signals to me to come ahead. At the same time, I look at the card in my hand, and it dawns on me that I used a credit card instead of my bank card. CRAP! I wave back, tell her I've changed my mind, and slowly skulk out of the store. No need to tell you what it would have felt like to have the teller point out my mistake.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Now that I'm 60, at this rate, I wonder what it will be like when I'm 70.

2 comments:

Family said...

I intend to send you some "paperwork" in the mail soon. Nothing too important. When you receive the package, please take it to your nearest notary, sign and send back. Please include a detailed list of your bank and brokerage accounts. Again, nothing to worry over.

Your loving son.

Leonna said...

Good move Aaron. With the way his mind is slipping (60 indeed!) you and Robin will be looking for a rest home for him by Easter 2008. LOL