Saturday, November 25, 2006

ACORN AND THE TREE

I'm finding I'm not the only stupid one on the planet. This involves one of my kids, (I won't say which one because I don't want to embarrass him, but his name starts with an A, ends with a N, and contains the letters aro between the two).


We have all done this at one time or the other and this is not the stupid part. This kid bought a present for his wife at Macy’s. Still not stupid. The following day, a Macy’s coupon appeared in the local paper offering ten dollars off for purchases made at the store on “Black Friday” during certain hours.

So he drags me off to the store in the early hours to fight the crowd, (stupid on my part for going) with the intention of returning the item, getting a refund, and then buying it again in order to get ten bucks off. Nothing wrong with that because he’s part china man.

Here’s where it gets stupid. He hands the clerk the coupon and she promptly hands it back saying, “If you read the fine print, you’ll see that fragrances aren’t covered." Geez, maybe this kid ain’t mine after all.

No comments: