Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another "STUPID BOB" trick

A couple of days ago, I was doing some work at an apartment building located on a busy street. Part of it had me removing two electrical boxes and metal stanchions encased in cement from the grass area in front of the building. I had a small hammer and was beating on the metal pipes, but since I wasn't making much headway, I went back to the truck to retrieve a larger hammer. I'm also wondering if using a hammer to beat these pipes out of the ground is the right approach.
It didn't take long to come up with an answer. As I was straddling one of the pipes and beating on it like there was no tomorrow, my aim decided to take a lunch break and instead of hitting the target squarely, I hit it with a glancing blow which then caused the hammer to head directly for my right leg striking it just above the ankle. OH, MAMA!!!....I wanted to scream out loud and cry like a sissy girl but managed to contain myself. Here's why. There was a bus stop about ten feet from where I was working and six or eight people was standing at the stop.
Of course, when one is waiting for a bus, boredom kicks in and how better to relieve that than to watch some monkey trying to beat on a pipe. I got to say, it's damn difficult to be macho in front of a crowd when a lump the size of a golf ball is forming on your leg. One ol' lady sez, "You okay?" "I'm sob okay, sob, it doesn't hurt, sob. Geez!....Where's that damn bus?

1 comment:

Gen said...

NICE! Yeah, I think you should probably get that checked out.

Hey, when are you going to join facebook?