Friday, February 6, 2009

UPCOMING "STATE FARM" CLAIM

I'm on the way home after another day of trying to make hamburger money, and as usual, the traffic "sucks."
While sitting at a stop light, my truck is suddenly struck by the vehicle behind me. Not very hard, but enough to wake me from the normal stupor I'm in while traveling in gridlock traffic. I jump out and meet the driver of the other vehicle, a kid who looked to be about 18, at my rear bumper. I'm sayin'
and he's sayin' "Is there any damage?" I check the bumper and didn't see any significant damage, so I said, "No, there doesn't seem to be any damage." The kid looks relieved. I then start jumping around and immediately grab the back of my neck with both hands and tell the kid again that I didn't see any damage to the truck, but my neck sure is hurting like hell. The kid's eyes almost bulged out of his head
and I thought he was going to have a coronary on the spot. I said, "JUST KIDDING" and immediately got back in my truck and started to drive off. I could see him in the rear view mirror standing there with the

look on his face.

1 comment:

Family said...

You've given him something to talk about for years!