Monday, August 6, 2007

TRIP HOME

The return flight home turned out better than expected. I sweet talked the counter person into giving me an exit aisle seat with lots of leg room.

I hoped to get lucky and see this as I boarded the plane.








Wasn't too lucky and was greeted by this!









The kid a few rows away finally stopped screaming after an hour and the Nazi flight attendant settled down after yelling at the girl next to me about her cell phone being on.
The rest of the trip was uneventful except for the last half hour. As we started to descend, the increase in pressure started to work on me and it wasn't long before the internal gas was looking for a way out. So I figured what the hell, lots of people, they won't know where it came from. Silent and very long.....Unfortunately, I got the first whiff and knew shortly, there was going to be some unhappy people around me. I put my best innocent face on and hoped for the best.

People started squirming in their seats, while looking around and muttering to themselves, and many were reaching for the overhead air vent nozzle. Unfortunately, the seat belt sign was on, so no one could move away. Oh, mama! It was so bad, it brought tears to the eyes of the person sitting next to me, and I could see beads of sweat break out on the forehead of the person across the aisle. Then I thought, that couldn't have been me! However, in case it was me and only me, I made sure not to make eye contact with anyone. Sorry, everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the one on the left the one with the tongue that you are always picturing?

Family said...

Thanks to you, we have a little one who constanly talks about her "toot factory!" Must skip a generation.

Anonymous said...

The one on the left is her sister. Check the next post, for it will cast my "tongue-sticking" neighbor in a better light. Too bad she's too old for me. If not, I'd be chasin' her down the street.