Sunday, May 13, 2007

BUSTED!!!

I received a telephone call a couple of days ago from my neighbor, Steve. He said he had been trying to call home for three hours, found the line constantly busy and asked if I could walk over and tell Kimi to get off the phone. "Sure, hold on," I said.

I rang the front door bell, and Kimi opened it almost immediately.


While standing there like a Cigar Store Indian holding my cell phone up, I asked her if she thought it was wise to open the door without knowing who was on the other side and shouldn't she know better than to do so.
I positioned the phone so that her dad could hear the conversation, and before she could answer, I pointed to the phone and asked her to venture a guess as to who was on the other end. She didn't know. I said, "It's your dad and he wants you off the phone right now."

I turned, headed home, and before I got out of their driveway, I heard Steve's home phone ring. I just knew Kimi was going to catch "hell."

Steve came over with a couple of beers a short time after returning home and I asked if he jumped on Kimi for opening the door. He said he read her the riot act and when he got home the next day, he was going to park up the street and test her. Good man!

Later that day, I saw Kimi and asked if she caught shit for her stupid trick. She said, "Yes." I told her in a hushed tone that her dad was going to test her the next day when he came home, so don't be stupid!

Later that next day, Steve came over, the proud father with buttons popping off his chest and said he had tested his daughter and she had passed with flying colors. I let him carry on about his parenting skills for a while before I told him I had let the cat out of the bag and told Kimi about the test.

The look on his face was a Kodak moment, and like the soup Nazi, he screamed, "NO BEER FOR YOU!"

No comments: